Try this delicious and wholesome Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe, perfect for a comforting weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
- Start by adding the potatoes to a large saucepan and covering them with cold water. Bring the pan to a boil over high heat and let the potatoes cook for 10-15 minutes until they become tender.
- While the potatoes are boiling, take the opportunity to chop the carrots, celery, and onion. Grab a large pan with high walls and sauté these chopped vegetables in a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Allow them to soften for a few minutes.
- Once the vegetables have started to soften, introduce the mushrooms into the pan. Cook them until the edges begin to darken and then add the garlic. Don't forget to season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Now, it's time to add some additional flavor. Stir in the tomato paste, flour, sage, and thyme, allowing the ingredients to combine well.
- To enhance the consistency and taste, slowly pour in the veggie broth and wine while stirring continuously. Let the mixture simmer for a few minutes until it thickens.
- While the filling simmers, take a moment to mash the cooked potatoes. Add a splash of soy milk and a spoonful of vegan butter to the mash to make it smooth. Season it with salt and pepper according to your taste.
- Transfer the veggie filling to a baking dish and spread the mashed potatoes on top. You can have some fun and get creative by making unique designs and patterns with the mashed potatoes. Remember, the rougher the surface, the crispier it will become.
- For some extra crispiness, spray the surface of the mashed potatoes with nonstick spray and then broil the dish for 10-15 minutes until the top turns crispy.
- Finally, it's time to enjoy your delicious creation! Sit back, relax, and savor every bite of your tasty vegan shepherd's pie!
This Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe is a comforting and healthy dish that can be made under 1 hour.
It is a delicious combination of British flavors, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
Packed with high-fiber ingredients, it is both vegan and vegetarian-friendly.
With easy-to-find ingredients and simple cooking techniques using a stove top and broiler, this dish is a must-try for anyone looking for a light and tasty meal.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: