Warm up with this easy and nutrient-packed Vegan Veggie-Packed One-Pot Split Pea Soup, perfect for a cozy fall or winter lunch or weeknight dinner.
- On a cutting board, place the loaf of bread on its side and slice off the top portion. Use a small knife to carefully cut around the inside of the bread, avoiding the sides, and gently scoop out the center of the roll. Set aside for dipping or bread crumbs.
- In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions, carrots, and celery, and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Stir in garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- With the heat still on, add split peas, thyme, salt, pepper, turmeric, and red pepper flakes. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Pour in vegetable stock and add bay leaves. Cover the pot with a lid and let it simmer for 40 minutes.
- Afterwards, add the potatoes to the pot. Cover and continue cooking for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve the soup in the hollowed-out bread bowl.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade soup!
This Vegan Veggie-Packed One-Pot Split Pea Soup is a simple, easy, and light recipe that falls under the categories of comfort food, big batch, and one-pot cooking style.
It is perfect for those following a dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian diet.
Packed with healthy ingredients and high in protein and fiber, this soup is both nutritious and delicious.
With a difficulty level of easy and a cooking time of under 1 hour, it makes a satisfying lunch or weeknight dinner option.
Best enjoyed during the fall and winter seasons, this recipe can be easily prepared on a stove top using basic kitchen appliances and equipment such as a pyrex, sauce pan, cutting board, and dry measuring cups and spoons.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: