Try this Vegan Ultimate Homemade Pizza recipe, featuring a deliciously chewy crust made with 7 cups of flour, perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion party.
- In a very large bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and add a few tablespoons of water. Stir gradually, adding more water as needed until the dough starts to come together. Be mindful of the dough's consistency.
- Use your hands to ensure the dough is well incorporated, being careful not to overwork it.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise at room temperature for at least 12 hours or overnight. It should double in size and become porous.
- For the sauce, combine tomato paste, water, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, pepper, garlic, oregano, basil, marjoram, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Let it sit at room temperature for an hour before canning or jarring. Refrigerate if necessary.
- Once the dough has risen, transfer it to a clean, floured surface and shape it into a large ball. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts and form each part into a ball by folding the corners inwards.
- On a floured sheet pan, place the dough balls, sprinkle them with flour, and cover them with a damp towel. Allow them to rest for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C) with a pizza stone inside or set to a low broil.
- On a floured work surface, shape each dough ball into a disk. Gently toss and knuckle the edges to thin out the dough without ripping it.
- Place the dough disk onto a pizza peel generously dusted with semolina or cornmeal to prevent sticking. Add your desired sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for approximately 9 minutes. Monitor closely to avoid burning, looking for crispy, charred edges and bubbling cheese.
- After baking, allow the pizza to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Enjoy your delicious pizza!
Try the Vegan Ultimate Homemade Pizza recipe for a simple, easy, and light meal.
This North American and Italian-inspired dish is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion party.
With its dairy-free and vegan ingredients, this pizza is a healthy option that is high in protein, low in sugar, low in fat, and high in fiber.
Using basic kitchen appliances such as a cheese grater, oven mitts, parchment paper, and a cast iron pan, you can easily prepare this pizza in under an hour.
So grab your wooden spoon, chef's knife, and cutting board, and get ready for a delicious homemade pizza experience.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: