Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this Vegan Stir-Fry Tofu That Tastes Like Chicken, a delicious and healthy Asian-inspired dinner option packed with protein and bursting with flavors.
- Drain the tofu and wrap it in a clean dish towel. Place a heavy object on top and press for 20-30 minutes until the towel is soaked through.
- Return the pressed tofu to its container and wrap with reusable wrap. Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Take the tofu out of the freezer and place it in a microwave-safe bowl, covered with a kitchen towel. Microwave for 10-15 minutes until completely thawed and the towel is soaked through.
- Wrap the tofu in a clean kitchen towel and press again for 20-30 minutes, until the towel is soaked through and the tofu is half its original thickness.
- To make the marinade, whisk tamari, maple syrup, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and ¼ cup (60 ml) grapeseed oil in a medium bowl.
- Tear the tofu into bite-size pieces resembling chicken tenders or nuggets. Add the tofu to the marinade and stir well to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 1 hour, stirring halfway through.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the tofu and cook for 4-5 minutes until browned on one side, basting with some marinade. Flip the tofu and cook for another 4-5 minutes until browned on the other side.
- Serve the tofu as desired.
- Nutrition Calories: 338 Fat: 27 grams Carbs: 12 grams Protein: 15 grams Fiber: 1 grams Sugar: 9 grams
This Vegan Stir-Fry Tofu That Tastes Like Chicken recipe is a simple and easy meal prep option for dinner or lunch.
It is a comforting and healthy dish that is dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Made with high-protein tofu, it is low-carb and low in sugar.
It can be cooked on the stove top or in a wok, and is freezer-friendly.
With the help of basic kitchen equipment such as oven mitts, tongs, and a chef's knife, this Asian-inspired dish can be prepared in under 1 hour.
So whip out your microwave, pyrex, whisk, and other measuring tools, and get ready to enjoy a delicious stir fry that satisfies your cravings while remaining vegan!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: