Indulge in a creamy and healthy Vegan Spring Vegetable Chowder packed with seasonal asparagus, peas, and red potatoes.
- In a large pot, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat until it starts shimmering.
- Add the riced cauliflower, leeks, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of salt to the pot and sauté for 2 minutes until the leeks just begin to soften.
- Pour in the vegetable stock and 2 cups (480 ml) of non-dairy milk to the pot. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring it to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to medium, cover the pot, and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is completely broken down and tender.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the asparagus, peas, and 1 teaspoon of salt, and sauté for 2 minutes until the vegetables are bright green with some crunch.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon zest and basil. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and set it aside.
- Wipe out the pan and add the potatoes along with enough cold water to cover them by 1 inch (1 ¼ cm). Season with 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are easily pierced with a fork but not mushy. Drain the potatoes and set them aside.
- Remove the pot with the cauliflower mixture from the heat. Blend it with an immersion blender until it becomes completely smooth and creamy. If needed, add up to 1 cup (240 ml) non-dairy milk or water to thin it to your desired consistency.
- Stir in the reserved asparagus, peas, potatoes, and lemon juice into the cauliflower mixture. Season it to taste with salt.
- Ladle the creamy mixture into bowls and garnish them with fresh basil, a drizzle of olive oil, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Enjoy your delicious cauliflower and vegetable creamy soup!
This Vegan Spring Vegetable Chowder recipe is a light, healthy and easy-to-make meal perfect for dinner or lunch.
It is dairy-free, gluten-free and vegetarian, making it suitable for various dietary needs.
With its low calorie, low sugar, low fat, and high fiber content, it is a nutritious option.
This delicious chowder can be prepared in under 30 minutes and requires a blender and stove top for cooking.
It is a great choice for spring, and its meal prep cooking style makes it convenient for busy weeknights.
Whether for a special occasion or a simple meal, this chowder is sure to satisfy your taste buds.
Get ready to use your colander, Pyrex, wooden spoon, cutting board, and measuring tools to create this delightful spring dish.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: