Try this easy and healthy Vegan Veggie-Packed Chow Mein recipe, packed with delicious vegetables and Hong Kong-style pan-fried noodles.
- In a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Add the par-cooked noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until crispy. Flip the noodles and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat the remaining tablespoon of cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, broccoli, and carrot. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Then, add the garlic and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the cabbage, shiitake mushrooms, snow peas, and corn to the wok.
- In a small bowl, combine the water and cornstarch. Mix with a fork until the cornstarch is dissolved. Then, add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine, sugar, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables in the wok. Stir well and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the crispy noodles to the wok and mix well. Also, add bean sprouts. Gently toss everything together and cook for another 2-3 minutes, making sure all ingredients are well-combined.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and enjoy!
This Vegan Veggie-Packed Chow Mein recipe is a simple and easy dish that can be made in under 30 minutes.
It is packed with nutritious vegetables and is dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Perfect for a healthy dinner option, this chow mein is high in fiber and can be enjoyed on a weeknight or even for a date night.
With its Asian cuisine influence, this dish is pan-fried and can be cooked on the stove top or wok.
All you need is a few basic kitchen tools like a Pyrex, spatula, tongs, chef's knife, cutting board, and measuring cups and spoons.
Try making this delicious and light chow mein recipe today!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: