Enjoy a hearty and comforting Vegan Hearty Vegetable Stew packed with flavorful ingredients like mushrooms, carrots, and red potatoes—an easy and healthy dinner option for fall and winter.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it starts to shimmer.
- Add the mushrooms to the pot and cook for about 5 minutes until they release most of their juices.
- Next, introduce the onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions become semi-translucent.
- Now it's time to add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, pepper, tomato paste, and soy sauce. Allow them to cook for another 2-3 minutes and savor the delightful fragrance of the herbs.
- Incorporate the flour into the mixture and stir until it is fully combined. Pour in the wine and continue stirring until it is mostly absorbed.
- Introduce the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves to the pot. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and allow it to simmer for 45 minutes. Remember to stir occasionally to avoid sticking.
- After the potatoes are tender and the stew has thickened, remove the bay leaves.
- Your delicious stew is now ready to be enjoyed!
This Vegan Hearty Vegetable Stew is a comforting and healthy one-pot meal that is perfect for weeknight dinners.
Packed with seasonal fall and winter vegetables, it is both delicious and nutritious.
With a cooking time of under 1 hour, it is a simple and easy recipe to prepare.
This dairy-free and vegan stew is also low in sugar and high in fiber.
Using basic kitchen appliances such as a Dutch oven and stove top, along with common utensils like a peeler, spatula, and wooden spoon, this recipe doesn't require any specialized equipment.
Perfect for meal prep or serving on special occasions, this flavorful stew will leave you feeling satisfied and nourished.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: