Try this easy and flavorful Vegan Easy Chickpea Curry (Channa Masala) recipe, packed with garam masala, turmeric, and fresh tomatoes for a delicious and hearty dinner.
- Heat the olive oil in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Saute the onion until it becomes translucent and starts to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and green chile and cook until the garlic becomes fragrant and the chile is tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the garam masala, turmeric, salt, and black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the tomatoes, chickpeas, and water. Stir well to combine and scrape up any browned bits from the pot. The mixture should thicken to a stew-like consistency. If needed, add more water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover, reduce the heat to low, and stir in the lemon juice and cilantro. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until the cilantro wilts and turns bright green.
- Serve over basmati rice or with a side of naan.
This Vegan Easy Chickpea Curry, also known as Channa Masala, is a simple and light recipe that combines British and Indian flavors.
It falls under the cooking styles of comfort food, one-pot or pan, and pan fry, making it convenient to prepare.
This curry is perfect for those following a dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, or vegetarian diet.
It is also suitable for beginners as it is categorized as an easy recipe.
Ideal for weeknight dinners, it can be cooked using a Dutch oven or stove top.
The necessary equipment includes a colander, Pyrex, spatula, strainer, and wooden spoon.
This dish is both One Top Friendly and Walmart Meal Planning friendly.
Additionally, it is high in fiber and part of the McCormick World Vegetarian feature page.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: