Try these easy and healthy Vegan Black Bean Burgers, packed with protein and fiber, perfect for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner or BBQ.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan and let it get hot.
- In the hot pan, combine finely chopped onions, minced garlic, a pinch of salt, and a dash of freshly ground pepper. Cook this aromatic mixture until the onions become translucent and fragrant.
- Now it's time to add finely chopped carrots, along with a delightful combination of cumin, coriander, chili powder, and a touch of cayenne pepper. Allow the carrots to cook until they soften and become tender. Once done, remove the pan from the heat and set it aside.
- In a separate bowl, take your cooked bean mixture and mash it thoroughly. Once mashed, add the contents of the pan into the bowl, along with a drizzle of soy sauce and a handful of quick oats. Combine everything well to form a cohesive mixture.
- With your hands, shape the mixture into four equally-sized patties. Place these patties in the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow them to firm up and hold their shape better during cooking.
- To cook the patties, take a pan coated with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Carefully transfer the firm patties onto the pan. Cook them for a few minutes on each side, flipping them gently once during the process.
- Now it's time to unleash your creativity! Use these delicious veggie patties to build your dream burger according to your preference. Add your favorite toppings, condiments, and buns to make it truly yours.
- Once your masterpiece is complete, take a moment to savor the flavors and enjoy the satisfaction of a homemade veggie burger. Bon appétit!
This easy and flavorful Vegan Black Bean Burgers recipe is perfect for a quick and healthy dinner or lunch.
Made with simple ingredients and ready in under 30 minutes, these delicious burgers are dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
Packed with high-protein, low-fat, and high-fiber black beans, they are ideal for meal prep and can be enjoyed on weeknights or at BBQ occasions.
The recipe is freezer-friendly and can be cooked on the stovetop using basic equipment like a spatula, baking pan, measuring spoons, and a mixing bowl.
Try this Walmart Meal Planning-approved recipe for a satisfying and nutritious meal!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: