A comforting and healthy Vegan Vegetable Dumpling Soup recipe that is dairy-free and vegetarian, perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or lunch.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a spatula, creating a dry mixture.
- Form a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and warm water. Use a spatula to mix until a sticky ball of dough forms. Cover with a dish towel and set aside.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Add the onion and carrot to the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the onions become semi-translucent.
- Add the garlic, dill, sage, thyme, and pepper to the pot. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the herbs to become fragrant.
- Stir in the potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer for about 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are about 75 percent cooked through.
- Carefully drop spoonfuls of the dumpling dough, approximately 1 inch (2-cm) in diameter, into the simmering pot.
- Let the dumplings simmer for approximately 10 minutes, or until they are chewy and fully cooked.
- Garnish with lots of fresh parsley before serving.
- Enjoy the delicious dish!
This Vegan Vegetable Dumpling Soup recipe is a comforting and kid-friendly dish that is perfect for a healthy lunch or weeknight dinner.
Made with dairy-free and vegetarian ingredients, this light and easy soup is cooked on a stove top using a Dutch oven.
With simple instructions and a cooking time under one hour, you can prepare this delicious soup using basic kitchen equipment such as a Pyrex, spatula, wooden spoon, chef's knife, cutting board, liquid measuring cup, and measuring spoons.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: