Try this delicious and healthy Vegan Pulled Eggplant BBQ recipe perfect for a summer party or BBQ, it's dairy-free, gluten-free, and packed with flavor!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the eggplant on a non-stick baking sheet and use a fork to prick it all over.
- Bake the eggplant for 20 minutes until the skin is wrinkled, then reduce the oven temperature to 180°F (80°C).
- In a large bowl, transfer the baked eggplant and cover it. Let it cool and sweat for 10-15 minutes until the skin peels off easily and it's cool enough to handle.
- Remove the stems and completely peel off the skin from the eggplant. Tear the flesh into thin strips and set them aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, smoked paprika, cayenne, brown sugar, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- On a non-stick baking sheet, add the eggplant strips and sprinkle them with the spice mix. Use your hands to coat them evenly.
- Bake the coated eggplant strips for 45-50 minutes until the ends start to dry out.
- Increase the oven temperature to 250°F (120°C).
- Pour barbecue sauce over the eggplant and toss it well to coat.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes until the sauce has been absorbed by the eggplant.
- Pile the eggplant on the buns and top with coleslaw if desired.
This Vegan Pulled Eggplant BBQ recipe is perfect for a light and healthy lunch or dinner.
It is dairy-free, gluten-free, and suitable for both vegans and vegetarians.
With its low-fat and high-fiber content, it's a great option for those looking for a nutritious meal.
Kid-friendly and easy to make, this recipe can be prepared using basic kitchen appliances such as oven mitts, Pyrex, tongs, a baking pan, and measuring cups and spoons.
Ideal for parties and BBQs during the summer season, this dish can be served as sandwiches or alongside coleslaws for a complete meal.
Plus, it can be ready in under 1 hour, making it a quick and convenient option for any occasion.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: