Introducing the Vegan Mushroom Lentil Burger & Fries—a healthy, dairy-free, and high-protein dinner option perfect for weeknights or parties, requiring simple cooking techniques and basic kitchen equipment.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Create a flax egg by combining flax meal and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat until it shimmers.
- Cook mushrooms in the heated oil until most of the juices have evaporated.
- Add soy sauce and paprika to the mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Heat more olive oil in the saucepan and cook onion until semi-translucent. Add garlic, salt, and pepper and cook for another few minutes.
- Transfer the onion mixture to a food processor. Add lentils, oats, and flax egg. Pulse until chunky.
- Transfer the lentil mixture to the bowl with the mushrooms. Mix well and shape into patties. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- While the patties are freezing, prepare the fries by tossing potatoes with olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the patties from the freezer. Cook them in olive oil for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on each bun and topping with dijon mustard, tomato slices, and arugula.
- Serve the fries with ketchup.
- Enjoy the delicious meal!
This Vegan Mushroom Lentil Burger & Fries recipe is a simple and easy way to enjoy a healthy, high-protein and high-fiber dinner.
With a touch of gourmet, these burgers are perfect for a weeknight meal or even for a party.
You can easily prepare a big batch and pan fry them for a delicious meal.
The recipe requires basic cooking equipment such as oven mitts, a saute pan, and a spatula, along with pantry staples like a baking pan, chef's knife, and cutting board.
In under an hour, you'll have a budget-friendly and satisfying burger and fries meal that even vegetarians and dairy-free individuals can enjoy.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: