Try this nutritious and flavorful Vegan Kale & Sweet Potato Salad that is dairy-free, gluten-free, and packed with healthy proteins and fibers.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and toss until well-coated in the spices. Spread in an even layer and bake for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine pumpkin seeds, chili powder, 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to coat the pumpkin seeds. Spread the pumpkin seeds in a single layer on a separate baking sheet. Place in the oven alongside the sweet potatoes and bake for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through, until toasted.
- Mix tahini, remaining tablespoon of maple syrup, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a liquid measuring cup. Gradually add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- In a large bowl, drizzle kale with olive oil. Gently massage the kale with your hands until it becomes tender and reduces in volume by about a third.
- Add quinoa, roasted sweet potatoes, red onion, and pumpkin seeds to the bowl. Drizzle with approximately half of the tahini dressing and toss well to combine.
- Serve with additional dressing if desired.
- Enjoy your meal!
This Vegan Kale & Sweet Potato Salad is a simple, easy, and light recipe perfect for lunch or dinner.
It is dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian, making it suitable for various dietary needs.
Packed with healthy ingredients like kale and sweet potatoes, this salad is not only delicious but also high in protein and fiber.
With its fall and winter flavors, it's a great meal prep option for weeknight dinners or special occasions.
The recipe can be prepared in under 1 hour using basic kitchen appliances and equipment such as an oven mitts, Pyrex, baking pan, chef's knife, cutting board, liquid measuring cup, and measuring spoons.
Experience the goodness of this vegan salad and enjoy a healthy meal!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: