Introducing our Vegan Butternut Squash Al Pastor Tacos, a healthy and flavorful Mexican-inspired dish made with roasted butternut squash, tangy pineapple, and a blend of aromatic spices.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, achiote powder, ancho chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, coriander, thyme, cumin, salt, black pepper, cayenne, apple cider vinegar, orange juice, and olive oil. Mix well until the squash is evenly coated.
- Spread the seasoned butternut squash in a single layer on one of the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the butternut squash for 45 minutes at 350°F (180°C), while tossing it halfway through, until it is deepened in color and the spices have darkened.
- In the same bowl, toss the pineapple in the remaining marinade until well coated.
- Spread the pineapple in an even layer on the other prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pineapple for 25-30 minutes at 350°F (180°C) until it is softened and slightly shrunken.
- On the same baking sheet, toss the roasted butternut squash with the remaining olive oil.
- Warm the tortillas directly over a medium flame on a stovetop burner until they are charred on the edges and pliable. Alternatively, microwave the tortillas until warmed through.
- To assemble the tacos, spoon butternut squash and pineapple onto each tortilla. Then, top with onion, cilantro, and avocado.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedges and enjoy!
These Vegan Butternut Squash Al Pastor Tacos are a simple and easy recipe that is suitable for those following a dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian diet.
Packed with healthy ingredients, these tacos are low-calorie and low-sugar, making them a perfect option for a light dinner or lunch.
With a cooking style of big batch and meal prep, you can easily prepare these tacos in under 1 hour.
All you need is an oven mitt, tongs, baking pan, chef's knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, and a mixing bowl.
These mouthwatering tacos have a Mexican flair and are sure to be a hit.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: