Indulge in these irresistible Vegan Browned "Butter" Chocolate Chip Cookies that are dairy-free and packed with rich dark chocolate chunks.
- Toast the pecans in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring continuously to prevent burning. The pecans should be fragrant and slightly darkened.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour it into the skillet with the toasted pecans. Stir well to combine. Allow the pecans to steep in the coconut oil for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. The oil should turn brownish and emit a strong nutty aroma. Let the mixture cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain out the pecans from the infused coconut oil, saving the oil for later use. Approximately ½ cup of infused coconut oil should remain after straining.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the warm coconut oil with brown sugar, granulated sugar, non-dairy milk, and vanilla. Whisk thoroughly to dissolve the sugars. Microwave for 20 seconds to aid sugar dissolution.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt using a fork.
- Sift the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and gently fold with a spatula until just combined. Avoid over-mixing the dough.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate and chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a 2-ounce scoop, place dough mounds onto 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Make sure to leave at least 2 inches of space between each dough mound. Chill in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes, or until they turn brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious cookies!
Indulge in the delightful Vegan Browned "Butter" Chocolate Chip Cookies that are perfect for any occasion.
This dairy-free and vegan recipe is simple and easy to make within under an hour.
With a comforting cooking style, these scrumptious cookies can be enjoyed as desserts or snacks.
Whether you use a microwave, stove top, or oven, all the necessary appliances are easy to find.
Gather your ice cream scoop, oven mitts, parchment paper, whisk, liquid measuring cup, dry measuring cups, and measuring spoons, and get ready to bake these irresistible treats.
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: