Just as a key unlocks a door, the right vegan chocolate can open a world of delightful flavors that you’ve only dreamed of.
You’re probably wondering, can vegan chocolate really compete with its dairy-filled counterparts in terms of taste and texture? Well, that’s the journey we’re about to embark on.
We’ll explore six must-try proven brands that have perfected the art of vegan chocolate making. But remember, tasting is believing, so you’ll have to try them for yourself to truly appreciate their rich, creamy, and even dreamy decadence.
Read on and discover the best vegan chocolate bars on the market!
Best Vegan Chocolate Brands
If you’re adhering to a gluten-free and vegan diet, the Endangered Species is the brand to go to. Their Dark Chocolate Bar with Sea Salt & Almonds is an excellent source of dietary fiber and protein.
Each serving contains 170 calories, with a sodium content of 85mg. You’ll find 3g of dietary fiber and protein in it, alongside 7g of sugars.
Affordable and easily available, this brand offers a delightful mix of salty and sweet. It’s not overly rich, making it the perfect treat for those who enjoy a subtle yet tasty chocolate.
- Individuals adhering to a gluten-free and vegan diet who are looking for a sweet treat that also provides a source of dietary elements.
- Adheres to gluten-free and vegan dietary preferences.
- Provides a good source of dietary fiber and protein.
- Contains a moderate amount of sugar, which is ideal for those monitoring their sugar intake.
- Contains a high amount of saturated fat per serving.
- Includes soy which makes it unsuitable for those with food allergies.
For the health-conscious chocolate lover, Lindt’s EXCELLENCE Dark Chocolate Bar stands out as a vegan option that’s not only rich in dietary fiber, aiding digestion, but also contains zero cholesterol, helping reduce the risk of heart diseases.
Loaded with 240 calories per serving, this traditional chocolate bar also delivers a decent amount of plant-based protein (4g) and an iron boost (15% of your daily need). At the same time, it’s also high in saturated fats (13g).
- Health-conscious individuals, vegans, and dark chocolate lovers who are looking for a delicious treat that’s high in dietary fiber and contains no cholesterol.
- High in dietary fiber, aiding in digestion.
- Contains no cholesterol, reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Provides a decent amount of protein and iron.
- High in saturated fats, which may lead to health issues if consumed excessively.
Chocolate aficionados who favor a tantalizing blend of sweet and salty will find Theo Organic Sea Salt Chocolate a top-notch choice, thanks to its unique mix of rich 70% dark chocolate subtly enhanced with a hint of sea salt.
Theo’s commitment to quality is evident in its use of organic and non-GMO ingredients. As an informed consumer, you’ll also appreciate that Theo’s chocolate is ‘Fair for Life’ Fair Trade Certified, ensuring it’s manufactured in a way that promotes growth for all involved.
Free from soy and devoid of unnecessary additives, Theo’s vegan chocolate is a treat you can indulge in without compromising dietary restrictions. It’s USDA-certified, Kosher-approved, and vegan-friendly.
However, its distinctive flavor may not suit everyone, and its simple dark chocolate content might be too intense for some.
- Chocolate lovers who are seeking a vegan, organic, and fair-trade certified option appreciate the unique blend of sweet and salty flavors.
- Made from a 70% dark chocolate base.
- Uses organic and non-GMO ingredients, ensuring a healthier treat.
- It’s ‘Fair for Life’ Fair Trade Certified, vegan-friendly, and free from soy, making it a sustainable and inclusive choice.
- The distinctive salty-sweet flavor may not be to everyone’s liking.
Those who follow gluten-free, kosher, or vegan diets will find LILY’S Extra Dark Chocolate a must-try, as it not only fits these dietary requirements but also offers a good source of dietary fiber and iron.
Each 40-gram serving of this decadent chocolate delivers 10g of dietary fiber and contributes to 20% of your daily iron needs.
While LILY’S chocolate bars are made sugar-free, be aware that they contain Stevia extract, which some find has a highly unique aftertaste. It’s also worth noting that the chocolate has a high saturated fat content, comprising nearly half of the recommended daily value.
Despite this, the absence of cholesterol and sodium in LILY’S Extra Dark Chocolate makes it a more heart-friendly choice compared to many other brands. So, if you’re seeking a rich, indulgent chocolate that aligns with your dietary needs, LILY’S could be your next go-to.
- Those adhering to gluten-free, kosher, or vegan diets and looking for a rich, indulgent chocolate that also provides dietary fiber and iron.
- Suitable for gluten-free, kosher, and vegan diets.
- Good source of dietary fiber and iron.
- Sugar-free, making it a healthier choice for those watching their sugar intake.
- Contains Stevia extract, which may have a specific aftertaste not preferred by some individuals.
- High in saturated fat.
Blue Stripes Whole Cacao Almond Butter Dark Chocolate isn’t just vegan – it also packs a nutritious punch. Each serving of this confectionery masterpiece provides 120 calories with a healthy dose of dietary fiber and protein.
If you can handle a bit of almond and don’t mind the fat content, this rich, dark chocolate with a twist of almond butter might just be the indulgence you’re looking for.
- Individuals following a vegan diet who are looking for a high-protein and high-fiber chocolate treat.
- Highly nutritious.
- Suitable for those following a vegan diet.
- Unique flavor combination of whole cacao and almond butter for a rich, indulgent taste.
- Contains a substantial amount of saturated fat.
- Based on almonds, which can cause an allergic reaction in some people.
For sustainability advocates who also have a taste for the creaminess of almonds and hazelnuts, Ritter Sport Salted Caramel Vegan Chocolate Bar is a great choice. This unassuming chocolate bar boasts 48% cocoa content from 100% certified sustainable sources.
This vegan chocolate bar is infused with almond flour and hazelnut paste, providing a unique, nutty flavor. Large, crunchy caramel bits and thick chocolate pieces add texture, while ingredients like glucose syrup and ground vanilla beans enhance the taste.
- Sustainability-minded vegans who enjoy a unique, nutty flavor in their chocolate bars.
- Cocoa from 100% certified sustainable sources.
- Unique flavor due to the infusion of almond flour and hazelnut paste.
- Chunky texture from large, crunchy caramel bits and thick chocolate pieces.
- Contains allergens such as hazelnuts, soy, and almonds, which may not be suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions or allergies.
- 48% cocoa content level might be too low for some people.
Finding the top vegan chocolate bars doesn’t have to be a trip through the wilderness. From nutty concoctions to sea salt infusions, there’s a world of flavors waiting to be explored in these six top-notch vegan brands.
Endangered Species, Lindt, Theo, LILY’S, Blue Stripes, and Ritter Sport each offer unique flavors and health benefits, aligning with various dietary preferences.
Whether you’re looking for a low-sugar option, a high-protein treat, or a bar loaded with dietary fibers, there’s a brand out there that has you covered.
Go ahead – treat yourself to some delightful vegan chocolate today and enjoy your vegan journey, one bite at a time!