With the hectic situations nurses find themselves in all day, comfort is of the utmost priority when it comes to footwear.
Additionally, hospital floors have to be flat and smooth to facilitate transportations of hundreds of wheelchairs and beds every single day. So these shoes need to protect from slipping, too.
Finding a good pair of nursing shoes that are vegan might seem challenging at first. But worry no more. Today I’ll walk you through the best vegan nursing shoes available.
Without further ado, let’s hop in!
Best Overall: Skechers Women’s Felton Albie SR Shoe.
These shoes are the classic nursing shoe—fully vegan. They offer a memory foam insole for an excellent level of comfort while staying light and easy to walk with. Check the current price on Amazon here.
Moreover, the shoes are made of fully-synthetic materials, such as the rubber sole, which offers excellent traction and slip resistance. And of course, that means they’re 100% vegan!
- Highly comfortable with memory foam insoles
- Rubber soles for slip resistance
- Steel-toe protection
- They can be a bit loose in the heel area
Best on a Budget: Crocs Classic Clog
If you’re looking for vegan nursing shoes on a budget, the classic clogs from Crocs should be on your radar! Check the current price and colors on Amazon.
The super-popular crocs have been proven to be some of the best nursing shoes around. They’re fully made of croslite plastic, so they’re vegan-friendly!
Everybody knows Crocs are super comfortable. Also, they’re available in tons of colors, so you can match any outfit.
- An ideal choice for buyers on a budget
- Highly comfortable
- Very breathable
- Some people don’t like the look!
Best for Style: New Balance Women’s FuelCore Trainer.
If you’re looking for a vegan nursing shoe you can also wear to the gym or on weekends, these ones from New Balance are a great option.
Personally, these are my favorites from this whole list in terms of style. The diagonal lines and color combinations are sharp. Check out all the designs here on Amazon.
These are fully synthetic (vegan), and they have a memory foam insole for extra comfort, which allows you to wear them for hours without getting sore.
- Doubles as gym shoes
- Best-looking nursing shoes I’ve seen
- Rubber sole for slip-resistance
- The insoles aren’t as durable as others
8 More Awesome Vegan Nursing Shoes
If those top choices don’t fit your personal criteria, here are 8 more vegan nursing shoes offering more styles and features!
1. Hawkwell: Women’s Lightweight Comfort Slip-Resistant Nursing Shoes.
Kicking off the list, we have a shoe specifically designed for nurses. The bottom insoles are made of plastic, and the upper is made of synthetic leather—so they’re an excellent choice for vegans. Click here to check the price on Amazon.
The shoes are easy to clean with soap and water. And they’re designed to be comfortable to wear for hours.
The EVA plastic insole makes it relatively resistant to slipping on smooth surfaces like hospital floors. Also, they come with arch support to promote a natural gait. The shoes are available in white and black in different designs and a variety of sizes.
- Available in different designs
- Slip-in design
- Lightweight for extra comfort
- EVA isn’t the best slip-resistant material out there
2. Keep Nursing: Women’s Memory Foam Nursing Shoes.
Keep Nursing is a brand that specializes in making nurse shoes, so they’re popular for offering a wide variety of cute designs and prints on their shoes.
This one comes with memory foam insoles, which provides your feet with maximum support and comfort throughout the day.
They’re an excellent option for those who like cute prints on their nursing outfits. The shoes come with different healthcare prints (and one with paw prints), and a nice selection of colors.
- Comes in a wide variety of colors and prints
- The upper is fully made of polyester
- Highly breathable to keep your feet dry all day
- Sizes can be a bit off
3. Skechers Sport Women’s Empire Fashion Sneaker
If you’re looking for a shoe that can be worn outside, too, the Skechers Sport Empire sneakers are an excellent choice. These shoes come in a huge variety of designs, prints, and styles to suit your tastes. View all the colors and designs on Amazon.
They’re made of fully synthetic materials, such as breathable cotton mesh and faux leather, so they’re 100% vegan.
The shoes are bungee laced, too—so they’re easy to slip on without even bending or sitting down.
- A huge selection of colors and styles
- Super easy to slip on
- Comfortable arch support
- Requires time to stretch out at first
4. Skechers: Women’s Nampa-annod Shoe.
If you like the look of a leather shoe, this one is a perfect alternative. The shoes are 100% synthetic, so you don’t have to worry about that. Check the current price on Amazon here.
It comes with a rubber sole that’s highly flexible and durable, which provides you with decent slip-resistance and traction.
The shoes are made to be safe for all kinds of electrical hazards. They’re available only in black for a classic leather look.
- Faux leather gives the shoes a classy look
- Durable and lightweight
- Comes in wide size options for wide feet
- Limited color options
5. Crocs: Men’s and Women’s LiteRide Clog.
If you like Crocs clogs but you prefer a more trendy design, you can try these new LiteRide Clogs. Check the price and all the color options on Amazon.
These clogs are unisex, so they’re a solid option for male or female nurses. And each size is clearly labeled for both women and men:
They’re a bit pricier than the classic clogs, but they’re also lighter. The range of color options allow you to match your outfit pretty easily, too.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Easy to slip on
- Better looking alternative to classic Crocs
- Doesn’t offer strong toe protection
6. Crocs: Men’s and Women’s “On The Clock.”
A hospital is full of equipment, tables, and chairs you can stub your toe on. That’s why toe protection is an important aspect to consider while shopping for a nursing shoe.
These vegan shoes are great for nurses, as they offer toe protection as well as arch support for a natural gait. Check the current price on Amazon here.
Additionally, these Crocs have fewer seams and curves, so they’re easier to clean with soap and water.
- Highly durable Crocs alternative
- Offers toe protection
- Easy to clean with soapy water
- Less breathable than regular Crocs
7. Crocs: Women’s Neria Pro Ii Clog
If you want to add a touch of style to your clogs, you should consider the Neria Pro Li clog from Crocs. Check the price and all the designs on Amazon.
These shoes are highly durable with strong toe protection. Also, they’re fully made of synthetic materials, so they’re totally vegan.
The shoes come with high arch support, which helps you stay comfortable while walking long distances. They’re also available in many colors and designs, so you can match your outfit.
- Comfortable fit
- Stylish clogs
- Durable construction
- A bit bulky for small feet
8. Reebok Women’s Classic Renaissance Sneaker
Last but not least. The classic and fully synthetic Renaissance sneaker from Reebok is a great vegan nursing shoe. Check the price and the other designs on Amazon.
The sneakers are super durable when compared to many other options. They’re also solid from the outside, so they can protect your feet while running down the hallways of the hospital.
The shoes come in low cut designs too, which gives you more freedom and range of motion while walking. The synthetic sole will protect you from slipping even on the smoothest surfaces.
- Classic leather look (without real leather)
- High level of durability
- Available in hi- and low-cut models
- Synthetic soles for strong traction and slip-resistance
- A bit pricier than some others
When I think of good nursing shoes, they should be durable and super comfortable. Also, they need to resist slipping on wet and smooth floors. For these reasons, I recommend Skechers Work Shoe (Amazon link) as the best overall vegan nursing shoe.
It has everything you might need in nursing shoes while being fully synthetic, so you can make sure that no innocent souls were harmed while manufacturing it.
However, if you’re on a budget and you don’t mind the classic Crocs look, you can go for Crocs Classic Clog (Amazon link). It has all the qualities you need in a working shoe, for less!
And like I said, my favorite personal choice for style is the New Balance FuelCore shoes (Amazon link), which double as gym shoes, too.
Two More Recommendations for Your Vegan Journey
1. This is the best vegan multivitamin I’ve found in 13 years of being vegan. It has vitamin B12, vitamin D, omega-3—and nothing else. Translation: It only has the nutrients vegans are actually low in. Read my full review of Future Kind’s multivitamin here (with 10% discount).
2. This is the best vegan starter kit I know of. It’s a bundle of 9 beautiful e-books that help you transition to a healthy plant-based diet—the right way. The advice is spot-on, and it has print-outs and checklists that make it easy to implement. Read my full review of Nutriciously here.