Is the sizzle and aroma of bacon something you crave, but you’re committed to a plant-based lifestyle? You’re not alone. The demand for vegan alternatives to many traditional foods has led to a rise in impressive innovations, one of them being vegan bacon.
We’ve explored the vegan market and have found a few brands that may just satisfy your cravings. From Lightlife’s smoky strips to the rich, savory flavors of Beleaf, there’s a plethora of options to choose from.
Stick around if you’re curious to discover which brands are worth adding to your next shopping list!
- Lightlife offers a soy-based, smoky vegan bacon packed with protein and zero saturated fat. It’s ideal for a guilt-free breakfast option.
- Tofurky’s Smoky Maple Bacon is high in protein and low in fats, making it an excellent choice for health-conscious vegans. The smoky maple flavor adds a delicious touch to your meals.
- Yves Veggie Cuisine provides low-fat and cholesterol-free veggie bacon. It’s convenient to cook and perfect for those who prioritize health alongside taste.
- Beleaf is an excellent choice if you’re seeking sustainable, GMO-free, plant-based bacon. While it may not be high in protein, it’s low in calories, sodium, and total fat.
- Upton’s Naturals offers bacon seitan strips with a unique smoky and spicy flavor profile. Despite its slightly higher sodium content, it’s high in protein and low in fat, making it a fantastic addition to sandwiches and salads.
If you’re seeking a protein-packed, smoky vegan bacon with zero saturated fat, Lightlife’s Smart Bacon is the perfect choice for you. This soy-based breakfast staple delivers a robust 5g of protein in each two-slice serving, helping you start your day on a healthy note. It is without a doubt the best vegan bacon on this list.
What’s more, its smoky flavor is sure to tantalize your taste buds, providing a cruelty-free alternative to traditional bacon. With only 20 calories per serving, you’ll be able to indulge without guilt. Plus, the absence of saturated fat makes it a heart-friendly option.
The sodium content stands at 140mg per serving, which is pretty manageable if you’re mindful of your daily intake. So, if you’re craving that bacon sizzle but want to keep your diet vegan and healthy, Lightlife’s Smart Bacon is your go-to option. Enjoy the smoky goodness and stay fit!
- Delivers a robust 5g of protein in each two-slice serving, aiding in a healthy start to the day.
- Offers a tantalizing smoky flavor, providing a cruelty-free alternative to traditional bacon.
- Contains zero saturated fat and only 20 calories per serving, making it a heart-friendly and guilt-free option.
- Its soy-based composition mightn’t be suitable for individuals with soy allergies.
For protein lovers, Tofurky’s Smoky Maple Bacon is an excellent choice, packing a whopping 13g of protein in just a six-strip serving. This vegan bacon alternative is made from marinated tempeh strips, ensuring you don’t miss out on that meaty texture.
With only 160 calories per serving, it’s a crunchy, guilt-free indulgence, and the 4.5g of total fat and 1g of saturated fat make it a healthy meat alternative. Tofurky’s mindful sodium content (at 370mg per serving) also helps to manage your daily intake.
Tofurky is among the best vegan bacon brands if you want a smoky, sweet maple flavor in your meat-free bacon. It’s perfect for a hearty breakfast or as a delicious sandwich filler. So, next time you’re shopping for vegan bacon, give Tofurky’s Smoky Maple Bacon a try. You won’t be disappointed.
- High in protein with 13g per serving, making it a great choice for vegans and vegetarians.
- Low in fat and calories, with only 160 calories and 4.5g of total fat per serving.
- Offers a delicious smoky maple flavor that enhances any meal.
- The taste mightn’t appeal to everyone, especially those who prefer traditional bacon.
Yves Veggie Cuisine
Craving bacon but mindful of your health? Yves Veggie Cuisine is your go-to brand, offering delectable veggie bacon that’s low in fats and cholesterol yet packed with essential nutrients.
This chewy meat alternative is a godsend for health-conscious folks who love to indulge in a bacon binge for breakfast. Yves Veggie Cuisine’s veggie bacon is easy to cook, making it a convenient choice for your busy lifestyle.
Each serving has 70 calories, 14g of protein, and only 0.5g of total fat. The sodium content might be a bit high at 470mg per serving. Nevertheless, it’s still a great choice to satisfy your bacon cravings while keeping your well-being in check.
- Healthier option with low fats, cholesterol, and calories.
- Easy to cook, providing convenience for a busy lifestyle.
- The product isn’t soy-free, making it unsuitable for those with allergies.
If you’re committed to a sustainable lifestyle and seeking a healthy, GMO-free plant-based bacon, consider Beleaf, a U.S.-based brand revolutionizing the vegan food industry. They’re devoted to changing the way we view vegan food with plant-based meat products that don’t compromise health or taste.
Beleaf’s vegan bacon packs a nutritional punch with 3.48g protein per serving and only 0.9g total fat. Plus, it’s low in calories and sodium, which is great for those watching their intake. The best part? Beleaf’s vegan bacon has zero saturated fat.
Give Beleaf a try. You’ll be supporting a brand that values your health and the planet, too. It’s a win-win situation.
- Plant-based, GMO-free products.
- Low in calories, sodium, and total fat.
- Committed to sustainability and healthy living.
- May not satisfy those seeking high protein content.
For those seeking a smoky and spicy twist to liven up their plant-based diets, Upton’s Naturals offers seitan bacon strips that are perfect for sprucing up sandwiches and salads.
This brand is a standout for its unique flavor profile and impressive nutritional value. With just 80 calories per serving, it packs in a whopping 15g of protein. You’ll also appreciate its low-fat content, as it contains just 0.5g of total fat and zero saturated fat.
The sodium level is a bit higher at 400mg per serving, but that’s a small price to pay for the burst of flavor you get. So, next time you’re craving a crispy, savory treat, give Upton’s Naturals a try. Your taste buds and waistline will thank you.
- Offers a unique smoky and spicy flavor profile.
- High in protein with 15g per serving.
- Low in fat with only 0.5g of total fat and zero saturated fat.
- Sodium content is slightly high at 400mg per serving.
Being vegan doesn’t mean you have to give up on the flavors you love. With these vegan bacon brands, you can enjoy the taste and texture of traditional bacon while adhering to your plant-based diet.
From protein-packed options like Lightlife and Tofurky to health-conscious choices like Yves Veggie Cuisine and Beleaf, these alternatives offer impressive nutritional values and incredible flavors.
And for those seeking a unique kick, Upton’s Naturals is a must-try. So why wait? Venture into the world of vegan bacon – it’s delicious, satisfying, and kinder to our planet!
Two More Recommendations for Your Plant-Based Journey
1. This is the best free video training I’ve found on plant-based nutrition. You’ll learn how to reduce your risk of cancer, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and obesity—all with plant-based food. Watch the free “Food for Health Masterclass” here.
2. This is the best vegan multivitamin I’ve found in my 14 years of being vegan. It has vitamin B12, vitamin D, omega-3—and nothing else. Translation: It only has the nutrients vegans are actually low in. Read my full review of Future Kind’s multivitamin here (with 10% discount).