Try these Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos, packed with healthy ingredients like sweet potatoes, black beans, and corn, for a high-fiber and nutritious dinner or lunch option.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the sweet potatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to coat the sweet potatoes.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 20 minutes, flipping them halfway through, until they are tender and cooked.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat some olive oil. Once it shimmers, add the onion and cook until it becomes semi-translucent, which should take around 3-4 minutes. Then, add the jalapeño, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the spices release their fragrance.
- Add the black beans and corn to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until everything is heated through.
- To assemble a burrito, place one-third of the bean and corn mixture, one-third of the roasted sweet potatoes, some lettuce, tomatoes, vegan cheese, and guacamole in the center of a tortilla. Fold in the sides and roll it up, making sure the filling stays in place. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients. Once all the burritos are assembled, cut them in half and serve.
- Enjoy your delicious burritos!
These Vegan Sweet Potato and Black Bean Burritos are a healthy and high-fiber option for a quick and easy dinner or lunch.
They are suitable for both vegans and vegetarians, and can be prepared using either a stove top or baking method.
With a simple pan fry cooking style, these burritos can be ready in under an hour.
You'll only need basic kitchen equipment like oven mitts, a saute pan, spatula, baking pan, chef's knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, and a mixing bowl.
Enjoy these delicious burritos packed with goodness!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: