Enjoy a delicious and easy-to-make Vegan Slow Cooker Rosemary Bread, perfect as an appetizer or side dish for any occasion, requiring only a few basic ingredients and your trusty slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the water and sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Sprinkle the yeast on top and stir. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes until a foamy surface forms.
- Add the salt, olive oil, and rosemary to the bowl. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the mixture using a wooden spoon. Keep mixing until well combined.
- Knead the dough for a minimum of 10 minutes or until it is no longer sticky.
- Place the dough in the center of a parchment paper that is large enough to line the slow cooker.
- Take the parchment paper with the dough and place it in the slow cooker. Cover with a kitchen towel and put on the lid. Set the slow cooker to warm and let the dough proof for about 30 minutes or until it doubles in size. Check occasionally to ensure the dough is not cooking.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove the dough from the slow cooker.
- On a clean surface, sprinkle some flour. Knead the dough for approximately 5 minutes and shape it into a ball that can fit into the slow cooker.
- Return the dough to the slow cooker, placing it on the parchment paper. Sprinkle salt and rosemary on top.
- Cover the slow cooker with the towel and lid. Cook on high heat for 1½-2 hours or until the bread forms a thick, dry, white crust, or when the internal temperature reaches 190°F (90°C) using a thermometer.
- Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Using the parchment paper, transfer the bread to a baking sheet. Remove any excess parchment paper.
- Bake the bread for 5-10 minutes until the crust turns golden brown.
- Allow the bread to cool for approximately 15 minutes before slicing.
This Vegan Slow Cooker Rosemary Bread recipe is an easy and delicious appetizer or side dish perfect for parties or weeknight dinners.
With simple ingredients and easy-to-use kitchen equipment like oven mitts, parchment paper, and a slow cooker, you can create a light and fluffy rosemary bread that is dairy-free and vegan.
Just gather your baking essentials like a Pyrex dish, a wooden spoon, a baking pan, a chef's knife, a cutting board, kitchen shears, a liquid measuring cup, dry measuring cups, and measuring spoons, and mix everything together in a mixing bowl.
Enjoy the rich and aromatic flavors of rosemary in this homemade bread!
Be sure to check out these recipes as well: